I just got a membership and got my house, but the parcel limit for objects seems really low!

JCourtney

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4441 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I just got a membership and got my house, but the parcel limit for objects seems really low!

I've got my friends over decorating and we've already max out the objects for parcel only at 117!  Is there anyway we can increase the object limit so we can put more stuff inside my home?

1 answer to this question

Nope.  The prim allotment for any parcel is directly proportional to the area of the parcel.  A 512 m x 512m parcel has an allotment of 117 prims.  If you want more prims, you need more land.  Since you can't change the size of the parcel that a Linden Home is on, your only option is to buy or rent a larger parcel somewhere else.  You can abandon the Linden Home and apply your 512 sq m free tier toward another purchase on the Mainland. Remember, however, that a Linden Home is peculiar -- it doesn't count against the prim allotment of its parcel.  If you buy or rent a larger parcel and put your own house on it, the house's prims will count against the parcel's allotment.

The bottom line is that you need to learn to economize.  You can do a remarkable amount of decorating with 117 prims if you shop (or build) wisely.  When I was new to SL, someone gave me a prim rose in a vase that is made of 78 prims.  It's beautiful, but I have rarely chosen to rez it.  I have since found a sculpty rose that is just as pretty and uses just 3 prims. Shop around and stay within your prim budget.  You can do it.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4441 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.