Gui not saving!

Alexus Flatley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4506 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hello everyone

i have been in secondlife for 4 years and im afraid to say this is my first post lol (i think), never needed to post but now im at a loss, im hoping the issue im having is just me and can be resolved.

i recentley returned to sl, and i remember a few viewers back, if i moved my inventory window to the right side of my screen, it would stay there and be there when i returned or relogged, im not talking about the docking feature as i know that has been removed, i build alot but find it most annoying every single window inventory, people, places etc reset to there default position on the left! annoying i have all my windows on the right, but they dont seem to wanna save, have they removed something? that makes the gui reset, or am i missing something any help would be greatly appreaciated

im using the latest version of the new viewer (Second Life 3.2.8)

thanks

Do you ever switch to a different viewer between sessions with 3.2.8? If I run Phoenix it completely resets the menus in 3.2 series viewers for the account I run Phoenix with. My "Places" menu always resets after I make a change that is a "Viewer must be restarted for change to take effect" change like anti-aliasing.

On some systems the viewer is crashing silently on close. You may or may not see a sending Crash Report to server on restart.

Try changing your settings immediately after you login then log out. Hopefully that will save the settings.

To see if Phoenix is changing the settings, look at the file dates and time in Roaming\Secondlife\user_settings. The SL settings files are named settings.xml. The beta settings are in settings_betaviewer.xml. The Development Viewer's settings are in settings_development.xml.

You'll see other viewers' settings in files named settings_[viewer_name].xml.

Check the files after running phoenix and see if it has changed the SL settings.xml. If it has the date-time will change.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4506 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.