Duplicate Post

Charolotte Caxton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4455 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 answers to this question

That's Windows Image Viewer. File > Properties then on the Details tab you get that page........Remove Properties and Personal Information (circled). You can then remove the personally identifyable information (squared).

Digital camera images that have geotagging imbedded in the image will have to be removed with the camera's properties or software designed to read and modify the geotagging from the image. But a screenshot like the one I used as an example is done with Windows Image Viewer. You can also use online image storage such as Flicker or Photobucket to prevent indentifying information from being shown in the properties..........I'm not sure if images with geotags is hidden though (it probably is though).

I would remove the personally identifiable information just because I always do. But, I think LL saves the image much like it saves textures in SL........it's stored on their server without the information. I've tried to see what information is shown and I get nothing. It never hurt to be a little paranoid though.

Hi Charo. I cannot see any information that could indicate where the pics come from, not even in the image's description.

As for the pics posted to the feeds, they are hosted by Cloudfront.net. I'm not a hacker but I assume it's impossible to track the images' origin. The only public info are the residents' names.

(And if you wonder who's the fat baby on the pic, yes it's me! :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:)

texture1.jpg

description.jpg

photo.jpg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4455 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.