When I look at a profile the screen is Pink. It says Host not found. How do I fix it?

Shandleer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4505 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

When I log in, look at profiles and search I get a pink screen. It says host not found. Am I doing something wrong? I have the requirements to download the secondlife viewer.

Im using the new Sl viewer that is supported by Secondlife.

I am using a DSL connection.

I am runing Vista

Nvida GenForce 8800 GT

Intel(R) Core (TM) Quad CPU 6600 @ 2.40 GHz

Hmmmmmmm did I leave anything out? I checked to make sure that my drivers were up to date.

So While I am playing the game if I click help. I get that same pink screen host not found. What do I do?

4 answers to this question

It's very hard to answer about why you crash often.  First, it's important to distinguish between "crashing" -- just being dumped out unceremoniously -- and being "logged out".  If you are being logged out, you will receive some kind of diagnostic message that explains why.  (It may not make any sense, but it's a clue about what to do next.)   It would help if we knew what kind of computer you have (especially its graphics card), what SL viewer you are using, what kind of Internet connection you're using, and anything else that might be helpful, like those error messages.  Add information to your question by clicking the Options link and selecting EDIT.   Please do NOT start a new thread.

Hello Shadleer and welcome to SL Forums. You do nothing wrong. Sounds like a connectivity issue for me. Reboot your modem / router leting it closed for at least 2-3 mins. If you use wireless, avoid it and prefer direct cable connection. The problem with profiles happens to me sometimes but it get fixed itself after a while. Try to open profiles at https://my.secondlife.com/ Your graphics card is old, so set your performance to lower under preferences --> graphics and see if that helps.

Thanks for the extra information, Shandleer.  Your system looks good enough to handle SL.  The video card is old, as Angel says, but that's a good card.  I had one myself until last year, and it worked fine.  You didn't say whether you are actually crashing or being logged out with an error message. If you are crashing, though, take time now to open the case of your computer and blow any dust out of it with a can of air.  Also, check to be sure that all of your fans are spinning freely.  One thing to worry about if you are crashing consistently within a few minutes of logging on is heat.  SL puts a high demand on your graphics card, so it draws a lot of power and generates a lot of heat.  That can destroy a card (and other things) if you aren't careful.  That's why a computer will crash in self-defense sometimes.  A good monthly cleaning and an investment in ventilation is smart insurance.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4505 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.