Spell Check and Font Color Issues

Amethyst Jetaime

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4457 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It seems to me that the Spell Check dictionary should be updated to include common abbreviations and words specific to or common in SL but not in RL, except in certain circles.  (Example: rez, sim (not the Sims)  TP, TPV, UI... well you get my drift.).  I think that this would not only make spell checking take half the time, it would help to standardize the jargon of SL.  This would also help newbs a lot as they may not use the same spelling as the rest of us but the alternatives offered are not right either.  Or they are confused because they see more than one way to spell something in other posts and aren't sure if its the same thing.

Maybe it is just me, but the spell checker always wants to 'correct' these with other words that have nothing to do with the meaning of these.  I've tired many times to select 'learn' when it stops on these words, but the Spell Checker never learns them.

My other issue is font color, and just started recently.  All of the sudden the default font color on my reply screen defaults to a grey (like the quotes are) not black and I have to select black. This does it if I include a quote or not and wasn't always like this.  Again, not sure if it is me only.  I see other posts in the same color but maybe this is deliberate.

If these issues are just happening to me, or are due to my ignorance, can anyone tell me how to fix them?  I did search for a solution on my own in help.

Hi. 

I once had a problem with accidentally telling my spell check to learn an incorrect word. I learned that clearing your browser's cache resets your spell check, so maybe you clear your browser's cache often? Which may be why it doesn't seem to learn stuff?

I think the grey text is just while we are composing our message, once submitted it becomes black.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4457 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.