I have a sim on an alt, i missed the payment. will the sim continue and put me in the negative?

Inui

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4621 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have a sim on my alt account, but i missed the payment due to unforseen circumstances, and my account was locked. Will my sim continue to exist? and if so, will i continue to be billed, sending me further in debt? I REALY dont want to lose my account.... i put thousands of dollars into it, and i dont want to lose everything i have worked so hard on for the past several years...

3 answers to this question

You need to be contacting LL at Billing, not us here.

--Cinn

Billing support phone numbers
Toll-Free (US/Canada)
Long-Distance

Our Billing team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Local Toll-Free numbers

France: 0805.101.490
Germany: 0800.664.5510
Japan: 0066.33.132.830
Portugal: 800.814.450
Spain: 800.300.560
UK: 0800.048.4646
Support is in English Only

Assuming the same applies to anyone whether they are premium or basic with a private estate I'm going to outline my experience with LL for payment due.  I've been premium since a month after I first joined SL in 2005.  I has my account paid via my Visa credit card for the first 4 years.  I closed my CC (I got mad at Visa over a huge interest rate change) and put my account on my debit card.  The very first time it came for my quarterly payment the payment failed.  I got an email from LL explaining what happened and that they will try again the next day and continue to try once a day for 7 days.  If the account is not paid after the 7 days my account will be locked.  Then I had 30 days from the original due date of my payment to pay the amount due or the account would be deleted.........and I'd loose all my inventory, any land I owned and all my Linden dollars.  All that was clearly stated in the email and if I had questions to call the Billing Support number.  It was a cordial but firm email.  I had 7 days to get my account fixed or I'd loose access (but not the account) until 30 days from the due date at which time it was too late.......everything would be deleted.

It appears that you are in that final stage.  You need to contact Billing Support and get it straightened out.  You'll be required to pay all fees due before your account will be opened back up to you.  If you don't then it's gone at the end of the 30 day period.  I can sympathize with the real life problems making paying for SL a burden (or even impossible)......been there, done that myself (though I managed to find a way to keep my premium account and land).  You got an email approxiately a week before LL intended to charge your payment method (CC, debit, PayPal).  Then the first time LL attempted to charge you payment method and it failed you got another email like the one I got explaining everything clearly and advising you to contact Billing Support with questions.  You would recieve an email each time the payment failed (7 in total).  Now you are in a pickle with a very real possibility of loosing your account, inventory, land and any Linden dollars you have in your account.  How did you not know what was going to happen?

You need to act and you need to act now.  Linden Lab is the only ones who can help you.  It's very late but I'm sure they will help anyway they can.  Call them now........Billing Support is available 24/7.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4621 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.