Login Failed

Mykala Klossovsky

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4460 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My main avatar cant log in, but my alts can.

I uploaded a mesh that I had created, rezzed it, decided it wasnt what I wanted then deleted it. It wouldnt delete. I tried repeatedly to delete the item off the floor but it wouldnt move. I was able to walk around etc, so I dont think SL was being unresponsive, but I clicked the X and logged out. Now when I try to log that avatar in it gets stuck on "logging in" then eventually "login fails" but I dont have any issues logging in any other avatars. the main avatars not in the game, it just keeps failing to log her in. Anyone have any ideas as to what could have happened? 

PS. The mesh I tried to delete is still there :(

this has happened before , and the same thing just happened to me i was filling out an application tried to save the card twice but failed to save, so i logged out and now the game is stuck at about 5% of the loading screen

Edit: i just logged back in when you get to your viewers homepage look for a destination guide showing places you can explore and choose one of them (phenoix viewer) is what im using. i logged in without the error again

Hello Gemma, unless you were also uploading a mesh object on the same sim as the original poster, it's unlikely that you've got the same problem.

There are many reasons for login failure. You often get a failure message, and that can give you a big clue.

There is more information over on the Knowledge Base. Here is the link ...

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Login-failure/ta-p/700109

Hello, Mykala

It sounds like there are problems on the sim you were working on.  Regarding being unable to log in with Phoenix, try doing so again, but before you do so, look at the log in screen and use the menu options at the top, "edit", "preferences" etc., to find the button for clearing cache.  Then change your login start location to Furball or Quarrel or Chalvez and try again.

I've been offline for a couple of days, but have had no problems with logging in at all today on various avatars, so I really do think your issue is relative to that particular sim.  Can you try working with your mesh creations on a different sim to test this theory? And then keep your eye out for JIRA bug reports too.  If you feel this issue may be a new bug, please of course start a new JIRA.

Good luck.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4460 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.