age problems

belliboo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4531 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

I haven't heard that one before.  Probably need to open a support ticket on this one.  LL doesn't take kindly to people misrepresenting their age now that the teen grid has been merged with the main grid.  And that goes both ways.  Stating that you are under 18 when you are not makes it appear that you are perhaps someone that preys on young teens. 

--Cinn

ETA: Yes believability is at question here.  'Cause LL didn't ask for your age.  They asked for your date of birth.  I don't know too many people that would think they'd have to create a fictitious date of birth for a virtual avatar.

• Like 2

Yeah I agree with Cinn on this.  You have a problem and I doubt you're going to get it resolved without some serious jumping through hoops for Linden Lab.  I don't believe your tale and I really think LL won't either.  I just don't believe someone could "accidentally" state their age other than what the age is in reality.

You can try though.........good luck.

• Like 1

If LL agrees to hear your case at all, they will require you send them some proof of your Real Life age, such as a copy of your birth certificate or a copy of your drivers license.

If you really are NOT 18 or older, PLEASE don't try to lie about it.  By doing so you are treading in a moral, emotional, and legal minefield, and you could blow up your life very easily.  Patience, my eager young padawan!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4531 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.