Kernel panics have pretty much shut down my SL life completely. Nothing else but SL causes them.

Kerensa Frakture

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4478 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I can no longer use SL. I recently replaced my Macbook with a slightly newer one, with more memory and a bit faster processor. Since using Time machine to restore all my data from the older Mac, SL freezes and goes into a KP after only 3 or 4 minutes.

Macbook with 2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

4 GB ram

500 GB HD

I should mention that I have installed smcFanControl and although that does help it stay cool in Flash heavy things, it has made NO diff to SL.

1 answer to this question

It would help to add the viewer's Help->About... info to your post. That will tell us which version viewer you are using and what drivers.

I'm not a MAc person so I can't help much. If you haven't tried the Beta and Dev versions of the viewer, give them a try. If you decide to uninstall either of those, they install in their own folders, DO NOT use the uninstall program in the viewer's install. It will take out files, think chat logs and stuff, in the main viewer.

Also make sure you have the most recent drivers for your video card. You probably know, but I'll mention it, a new computer does not necessarily have the latest drivers.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4478 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.