re linden home

Demi Meridoc

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4485 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Apologies in advance if i have totally missed the reply to this elsewhere, however had a quick look and couldnt find anything.

I recently aquired a premium home and im wondering if anyone could tell me what the linden home control box on the wall does, if anything?, when i click it to get the menu it asks to take me to the linden home website which i accept , but then i get an error message saying , sorry there is a error in processing your selection or the house is not responding.

Could anyone advise me on what this is .

Thanks

Hello Demi,

The control box is where you can make some texture changes to your home - things such as windows open, blinds, a sheer curtain look, as well as the textures used for walls, floor, roof, doors, window frames, locks, lights and there may be a couple of things I'm missing.  That should give you the jist of it.

As for the error you're getting, you might want to clear browser cookies and your browser cache.  Although there could be some LL issue preventing you from accessing the control panel site for your home.  I'm not sure whether filing a ticket will help should you continue getting the error.

Good luck & I hope you enjoy your home!

Hi Demi. Please read Jack Linden's blog here about the control panel functions.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Land-and-Sea-General/Customize-Your-Linden-Home-With-Our-New-Control-Panel/ba-p/656360

If you cannot get the web page to work, first make sure you are in YOUR house (sounds silly but it happens often).

One trick to properly access to the controls page is to choose "Open in my web browser'. If you are using IE, it's maybe not SL's best friend and I would suggest you use Firefox or Chrome instead.

Hello Demi. Sounds an old bug which is back again. In past (about 1 year ago) some residents couldn't use the controller in their Linden Homes. The problem then was relative with issues we had in world for maintenanceand got fixed with a region restart. If you still have no access i suggest you to use LiveChat (you find the option on the right) from 9am to 6pm PST. Report the problem there and request a region restart. If you can't resolve your problem this way, just abandon the parcel and get another Linden Home.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4485 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.