Where did the word "multiple" go in the LL V3 Texture Window when building?

Arwen Serpente

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4631 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm a creator here in SL. I am trying to use the latest official LL Viewer 3, but am having some difficulty when building. When I texturize a linkset (using a V1), I am used to being able to check that all prims (or faces) have the same texture by seeing the word "multiple" (or not) over the texture window in edit. Since often times, a texture does not "take" immediately when applied, this is a great way to check work.

Am I missing something? Is it no longer a "feature"? Or is there something I need to enable in a debug menu or developer menu?

I hope my question is clear (and that it is in the correct forum - I debated putting it here or in the Creation Forum, but since this seems to be a V3 issue, decided it belonged here).

Many thanks if anyone can help!

This may not be very helpful but -

• edit your object
  • click 'texture'
  • click ... the texture square (this will open the 'pick texture' dialog box)
  • now click on your object - this will cause 'Multiple textures' to appear in the texture preview box of the 'pick texture' dialog box if the object has multiple textures.

(so the feature has been 'enhanced' to require additional clicks before it appears, LOL)

hmmm... on checking further, that behavior is not consistent over time.  Perhaps it's more accurate to say sometimes it's there and sometimes it's not.

The OP is correct in their observation, unfortunately.

It used to be that if you selected all the faces of a prim, and more than one texture was on those faces, it would show you the texture on the lowest-numbered face of the root prim, and put the word "Multiple" over that text in the texture preview spot, to notify you that more than one texture was selected.

That does not seem to work any more in V3.2.6, and it is a serious problem for content creators. It means that in the current viewer there is no way to quickly determine if all faces in a selected prim or linkset display the same texture, without visually looking at or clicking on every face. This means that it is effectively impossible to inspect a linkset for faces that didn't take a texture properly.

I would suggest opening a JIRA report on this, as a bug - a loss of functionality from earlier versions.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4631 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.