colour change script

shaun Mosswood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4470 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi everyone,

I have made some buttons for the shower ive just made and I want them to light up on touch and go back to normal state when touched again.  The buttons are semi transparent and coloured and i thought a "glow on touch" script would work, however....

i need to obviously link all the items in the build together otherwise I wont be able to box and sell it so my question is if i have a glow on touch script for the buttons will not the whole object glow also or is there a script out there that will just activate glow on a pre selected face, eg the face of the button?  Btw the object is made up of 3 sets of sculpties which I will have to link together to give the final product, then box it up.

Thanks for any help :)

2 answers to this question

This should be a question for the LSL Scripting forum, but the answer is very simple -- assuming that you are a scripter.

llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast ( link_number, [ PRIM_GLOW, ALL_SIDES, intensity ] );

where link_number is the number of the link you want to make glow, and intensity is a float between 0.0 and 1.0.  If you are not a scripter, do not post the question in the Scripting forum.  Put it in Wanted instead.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4470 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.