help, I'm turning invisible!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4484 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've noticed over the last day or 2 that my avatar is starting to turn invisible in spots. When wearing certain outfits my shoulders and beltline become see through!.  I am using a bear avatar and i can look through my beltline and see my tail on the other side. This is regardless of which viewer I use, SL or Phoenix. When I remove the jacket of the outfit my avatar returns to normal. Any possible causes or cures?

There isn't much you can do on your end if you want to wear those clothes. "Alpha" textures are textures that have transparent portions and it's difficult for computers to determine which "alpha" to display first if one is in front of another so sometimes they display in an odd order that ends up in erasing something it shouldn't. Similar problems are caused by "invisiprims" that are sort of cloaks of invisibility for things inside them, which are parts of many older wearable items and cause similar things to what you're describing. They often cause minor glitches like this. There isn't anything permanently happening to your avatar though.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4484 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.