what is the difference between adult, and mature, land?

Siobahn Mistwalker

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4634 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Hello Siobahn. At first have a look at the following link for Knowledge Base:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Maturity-ratings/ta-p/700119

When you are renting there is no difference about the price (tier). The only difference is that if you place is located on an Adult region, friends without Age verification won't have access there.

Generally speaking, anything can exist on mature land "so long as they do not host publicly promoted adult activities or content and do not use adult search tags." For the purposes of a private residence, check the land covenant for what's permitted. Usually on mature/moderate rental land, nudity and/or sexual activity can take place behind closed doors (and windows). On adult land, unless it was against your rental covenant, you could have sex furniture outside, be nude outside, wouldn't have to shut the doors and windows before engaging in sexual activity, etc. On mature land, keep your sex furniture inside and draw the curtains before using it.

Again, though, you need to check with your landlord (or prospective landlord) about what's acceptable there.

ETA: And, of course, on adult land your friends must be age-verified in order to visit, whereas there are no such restrictions on mature land.

ETA2: Nudity can take place on Moderate sims, but most private residential sims have a covenant that specifies nudity is not permitted outside your own home. Which is why I say read the covenant; it can have stricter rules than just the LL maturity rating rules. I haven't yet seen a prviately owned, moderate-rated rental estate that allows nudity outside your house, though I'm sure they exist.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4634 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.