Wear an alpha and poof no avie but have prims??

Celestria Niosaki

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4486 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay lately I have had some real problems with both Firestorm and V2.  I downloaded V2 again and my graphics are better but with either viewer when I "wear" or "add" an alpha my avie disappears with the exception of the prims.  This happens mainly with anything mesh.  I read on another forum about "dual displays" and I have no idea what that means but I don't have SL running on 2 anything.  It is the same problem for both viewers.  If anyone has an idea on how to improve this I would greatly appreciate it.

Celestria 

First, dual displays means two monitors connected to the same computer.

Does the transparency of your whole avatar thing happen with different alpha masks that came with commercial products?  I know that if you put a transparent texture on your avatar's alpha layer, you go transparent.  I don't know why all of you would become transparent from wearing an alpha mask that is designed to make only part of you transparent.

When I tried a mesh shoe demo I put the alpha on (the only alpha my avie had on) and yes the whole avie went transparent with the exception of prims such as hair.  It's weird.  I thought maybe it was due to having too many alphas on but my avie did not have anything on (i tried while naked).  I thought it may be because it was a "demo" so I tried on a pair of regular shoes that require an alpha and same thing happened.  

Given that you're looking for a new Mac I assume you're currently using an old Mac. I've heard people who are still running Leopard have this problem. Try getting the latest available graphics drivers for your computer. You might also just roll back to an older viewer until you get a new Mac. The new versions of the Linden Lab viewer and Firestorm were recently re-written to improve compatibility with newer video cards and drivers, but they now have problems with older cards and drivers. 

Yea I am.  That is another issue too lol because the new IMac's don't have nvidia drivers and I have heard that AMD/ATI doesn't work very well for SL.  My current Mac has nvidia and is about 3 yrs old so a new one is in order just kinda eh about the drivers they use now.  I may have to go back to being a pc user :smileyindifferent:  Thank you for the reply

I have been having similar troubles.   I think it started when I used a second monitor on my mac.  Macbook Pro AMD Radeon 6750M graphics card.  My av's skin disappears.  Disconnected 2nd monitor, and problem persists, even after cache clear, relog, etc.  I've tracked it down to whenever I wear panties or bra, it makes that part of the skin transparent.  The same clothing in shirt or pants does not affect the skin's appearance.  I've used the Phoenix, and Firestorm latest viewers, and also SL's Viewer Second Life version 3.2.6.248086.  The same behavior happens in all three viewers.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4486 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.