[Help]Animate Other Avatar

Giorgi Washborne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4459 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You would need to animate yourself to sit on a friends shoulders.  You wouldn't need to animate your friend unless you want  them to interact with your monkey avatar through an animation once you've sat on their shoulders.  If you want to do this you'd need to have some type of scripted attachment that you wear that you trigger that animates your friend once you've sat on them and they have given permission.  Alternatively you could make a scripted attachment that your friend wears that does this too.  Either way, the animations you use would have to have a higher priority than any animations that any AO's either of you are wearing use so the AO doesn't override it. 

As far as I know, you can't really use a scripted attachment, as there is only the follow function that is not going to work well with sitting on the person's shoulder.

I would suggest that you created a modified vehicle script, which animates each avatar. The script would need to change animations when you walk or move forward or back, turning, and for jumps. So, it's a vehicle, that you must rez on the ground, then each of you sit on the appropriate ball. I sell a line of similar items, but you'd have to figure out the animated vehicle yourself. If you show a talented scriptor my post, they should be able to figure it out, if they have enough experience with creative animating.

• 3 weeks later...

It's not possible without rezzing an object.

The way this is done (for example, for couples walking together) is to use an object (or pair of objects) that both people sit on, and it animates them both.

As mentioned above, you can't sit on someone else's attachment.  Follower scripts would lag too much.

I have a couples walking animation that used one prim.  First the owner sits on it and then the guest does (or something like that).  That's slightly trickier scripting, having two avatars sitting on one prim.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4459 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.