I am not able to read the privacy agreement in order to proceed

mikesbasile

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4549 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

Hello mikesbasile and welcome to SL and SL Forums. As you said you just created your account, right? You have also to download the viewer to log in world. You can find it here: http://secondlife.com/support/downloads/ 

Download, install it and log in with your username and your password.

If you want to add something, to change your post or to answer to our replies, you can edit your post (Options --> Edit).

Have fun and enjoy your new Second Life.

There is no privacy agreement to read.  I suspect that you are talking about the Terms Of Service.  You do need to agree to them before your account is finally authorized and you are allowed to enter SL.  If that's what you are having trouble with, try two things:

1.  Wait.  Sometimes it takes an abominably long time ( a minute or more) before that screen activates fully and lets you click the Accept button.

2. If that doesn't work, download and install a different viewer.  I suggest Firestorm, but you can find a range of choices here.  Use it to log in and accept the TOS.  Then you can decide whether to stay with the new viewer or go back to the one you started with.  You only need to agree to the TOS once.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4549 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.