Basic account... Technical support ticket?

Absinthe Kamachi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have exhausted all of my ideas to fix this crashing issue, so I've tried to submit a support ticket.

I only have a basic account- am not against upgrading it to get the help I need, but its a bit of a waste if it doesn't work, you know?

Also not against phoning for help (I believe there is a toll free UK number?)

I just need some advice before I go ahead!

thankyou xx

3 answers to this question

There are few guarantees in life.  Linden Lab does not offer technical support service with Basic membership, even over the telephone, so you can only have a chance at getting them to address your problem by upgrading to Premium.  If you haven't been able to solve them problem on your own, with help from fellow residents here in the forums and with diligent search in the Knowledge Base and elsewhere, then that sounds like the next step.  Only you can decide whether it is worth it.

EDIT:   I am reading posts in inverse order this morning and have just seen your earlier one.   Let me quote my own response to that post here again....  "There are situations where a CPU will go to 100% usage when a viewer is running. This appears to occur most in computer with nVidia video cards - but not only.

Another effect that seems to happen with nVidia cards is that the viewer will freeze, seemingly at random, and for varying periods of time. Or it will lock up when you attempt to open profiles or try to search.

There are two solutions possible.  See here >>> http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=100_cpu  "

Hello Asbinthe (again). Basic accounts have no technical support for all issues like Premium Members. If for example you had problem with your log in process, you could submit a ticket under Account Issues. The toll free number for U.K. is available only for billing issues: 0800.048.4646 However you can try to call and you never know. It's possible to get help this way. In addition you can mail to: support@secondlife.com although i can't guarantee that you will get a reply. As i suggested in your first thread (btw i am not sure that you checked out my answer), if you can't find a way to fix your issue, you can open a jira: https://jira.secondlife.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa --> Create issue (on the right). There usually you get official answer(s) by LL's team. Good luck.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.