Problem with a sculpted prim.

DFontes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there !  

I sculpted a couch in AC3D. I've uploaded, all was well with the couch. But it was very small, so I stretched it to get big.

But makes a wall or a square a round the couch, its not visible and i can't reache the couch.

Some one can help me ? And Sorry about my ingles. 

I don't know about Ac3d, but in Blender you can see an approximation of the bounding box that your model will have in SL.  Typically, the bounding box extends well beyond the visible body of your object whenever you have a tight curve and the program has had to create a smooth surface by interpolating between vertices that are too far apart.  To a degree, working within the limits of sculpty geometry, you can beat the problem by moving vertices closer together when they are in an area with sharper changes in curvature.  That way, the shape of the bounding box is closer to the same shape as your visible model.

mmm..I was going to say check your bounding box... . It is obviously larger than the visible part of the sofa...I know how to reduce it in Sculpt Studio, but not the program you have used. You will need to reopen your sofa in that program, work out how to reduce it, then reupload the file to SL.

For a short term dodgy fix if you still want to sit on it, make it phantom, and put an invisible cube inside, and sit on this. Or add some cushions with animations to sit on. Neither of these are fixing the issue, but at least you might get to enjoy your couch in the meantime.

I see the problem its the bounding box, but in Ac3d don't have that so i'll follow the advice to use the Blender. 

I've been watching some videos on youtube about it, and its not hard to work with. xD

Thank you for the Help :) 

Friendly Greetings

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.