Can't see friends names or my display name, Place info not availble, etc

Snow Ceryos

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4637 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

SL was working last night, left it on last night, come home today and i'm stuck in this sim.  I am perfectly fine in this sim, I can rez in that sim, its all fine.  But I can't tp out, I can't see my friends name, its just blank and shows whos online, I can view profiles, I can see sims, everything but names, display names, and tp.  If I tp, I get logged out after 30secs to a minute.  My video card is up to date, my internet is better than ever, I reinstalled Phoenix, Firestorm, and the default viewer.  none of em work.  I've been playing for a long time, and this is the first time.

Whats up?

It sounds like your region is having problems.

Consider these fixes: Can’t Login Second Life

Mostly try logging into a different region, Pooley or Furball. You can open Preferences and on the General tab enable Show Start Location. That will put a new field by the login ID & Password fields. Type in a region name. You can also pick a region from the Destination Guide on the splash screen.

Always check the Grid Status before you start reinstalling viewers. Reinstalling is a fairly drastic step. Plus, if you use multiple viewers it can get complex. See: Second Life Clean Install - it was written with those that use several viewers in mind.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4637 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.