Sign in to follow this  
Snow Ceryos

Can't see friends names or my display name, Place info not availble, etc

SL was working last night, left it on last night, come home today and i'm stuck in this sim.  I am perfectly fine in this sim, I can rez in that sim, its all fine.  But I can't tp out, I can't see my friends name, its just blank and shows whos online, I can view profiles, I can see sims, everything but names, display names, and tp.  If I tp, I get logged out after 30secs to a minute.  My video card is up to date, my internet is better than ever, I reinstalled Phoenix, Firestorm, and the default viewer.  none of em work.  I've been playing for a long time, and this is the first time.

Whats up?

It sounds like your region is having problems.

Consider these fixes: Can’t Login Second Life

Mostly try logging into a different region, Pooley or Furball. You can open Preferences and on the General tab enable Show Start Location. That will put a new field by the login ID & Password fields. Type in a region name. You can also pick a region from the Destination Guide on the splash screen.

Always check the Grid Status before you start reinstalling viewers. Reinstalling is a fairly drastic step. Plus, if you use multiple viewers it can get complex. See: Second Life Clean Install - it was written with those that use several viewers in mind.