My ex just emailed a chat log to my RL boss

Cage Seetan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4642 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

Unless you've been accessing Second Life from your workplace, I would think your boss might just laugh this off. 

I mean, if you dated a girl in real life and she sent a letter to your boss giving details of a private conversation you'd had with someone, your boss would probably advise you to choose your next girlfriend a little more wisely.

At the end of the day, chatlogs are really just hearsay; they can easily be edited - as can photographs - to make someone look very bad, and they are valueless and usually just make the person sending them look like a nutjob.

Do not have anything further to do with this girl. Do not retaliate. You will only add fuel to her already out of control fire. However, as she obviously has some real life information, I would also urge you, as Knowl has done, to seek real life legal advice. If you are in the United Kingdom, many solicitors offer a free 30 minute consultation.  Sending poisonous letters to your real life boss gives you grounds for getting some kind of restraining order against her on grounds of harrassment I would have thought. 

Always remember every woman is a potential bunny boiler, and err on the side of caution in future. 

Edited to add:

Although it is against ToS to spread private IMs within SL, in reality the most LL could do is ban the girl from SL, and imagine how mad that would make her, and how much free time that would give her to harrass you further in RL - I'd stress again, seek RL legal advice.

As the others have said, I'm afraid there's little LL can do about it.   The article Linden Labs Official: Residents Privacy Rights explains

Sharing or posting a conversation inworld or in the Second Life forums without consent of all involved Residents is a violation of the Terms of Service.

NOTE: This does not include posting of chat to social media sites or other websites. Posting such logs on web pages, emailing them, or printing them out and posting them on utility poles in the "real world" -- are all actions beyond the scope of the Second Life Terms of Service. ; while that might be illegal, but those laws must be enforced by the proper law enforcement agencies.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4642 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.