Having errors with avatar shapes. Help?

WolfFangchu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4485 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Okay, so, I haven't been on Second Life in forever. I just recently started going on again. I use Dolphin Viewer 3 usually, but this error has happened in the normal SL viewer too. For some reason, my shapes aren't working correctly. For example, I was wearing my quad fox avatar. The shape was not being recognized or something, even though I was wearing it,  and my legs were detached from my body and I looked deformed. It happens with all of my avatars, too. The only fix I know for it is to edit shape, scale the height up by 1, and then revert it to the original height. It's so tedious to do every time I log in or change regions, though. Anyone else having this issue?

2 answers to this question

Hi Wolf, if you don't have one already, the first thing I would do is log in to SL Marketplace and grab one of the freebie "undeformers." Most avatars need a deformer to squish/stretch you from human to animal, and they have a habit of getting stuck. Also, in my experience, deformers that aren't detached correctly will show you looking mostly right in your viewer, but to others you'll look stretched out, and you probably won't notice until you cross a sim border, TP or relog.

Hope this helps. :}

Lance Corrimal, who makes Dolphin, was asked about this over at SLU recently.   He says,

that "does not want to load shape" is common in all the 3.2 based viewers that i'm using. unwear one tattoo layer or alpha, and put it back on. fixes it all the time.

I think there's even a jira related to it.

edit: found it. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4485 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.