how do i use furniture

Tyrine79

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4487 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am new to second life and i got my funriture set up now how do i use it

i can sit on it but it has engines on them like cuddle or whatever.. me and my friend are trying to figure out but we click on lets say cuddle it does nothing. and if i sit i usually sit like a foot off the bed

2 answers to this question

Assuming that you mean a chair or a sofa, sit on it.  If it has a built in animation, and a sit target, it will determine where you sit and what pose you assume.  Otherwise, you sit wherever you clicked, with your default sit pose.  (To sit, right click on the chair and select "Sit.")

Beds work the same way; tables just sit there (unless you bought a fancy one that rezzes food). 

If you meant to ask something different, add information to your question by clicking on the Options link in its upper right corner and selecting EDIT... Please do NOT start a new thread.

Tyrine79 wrote:

[...]

i can sit on it but it has engines on them like cuddle or whatever.. me and my friend are trying to figure out but we click on lets say cuddle it does nothing. and if i sit i usually sit like a foot off the bed

Furniture that has animations built into it is run by a script that you usually activate either by sitting on the furniture or by a simple left click.  The script then either activates immediately (if the furniture has a single animation) or gives you a dialog box that presents choices (if there are several animations available).  The script may be in the furniture itself or in a separate ball (a pose ball) that is floating somewhere over the furniture.  If it's in a pose ball, you have to actually click or sit on that ball.  Anything trickier than what I have described will be explained in a notecard from the creator that should have been distributed with the furniture.  If you have questions or can't find the instructions, you should contact the creator.  You can find that person's name by typing CTRL + 3 to open your Build Editor and then clicking on the furniture itself.  You should see the creator's name on the General page.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4487 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.