IM History help!!

Anna06 Rebane

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4488 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

These are the paths to the chat and IM logs (only available if you enabled saving them to your hard drive in your preferences):

Chat and IM logs

If you have chat or IM logging enabled, Second Life will automatically save your conversations to your hard drive. By default, the Viewer saves chat logs to a standard location on your hard drive that depends on your operating system. For example, where Username is your system user name and Avatarname is your Second Life account or display name:

• Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\SecondLife\Avatarname\chat.txt
  • Windows 7 and Vista: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\chat.txt
  • Mac OSX: Users/Username/Library/Application Support/SecondLife/Avatarname/chat.txt

I have set the folder to save my IM and chat log to my own defined folder on a harddrive.

So there is no interference with SL Settings and things will stay there (unfortunately one has to set/check it at new installs). Up to now the settings survived the updates.

Note that the chat log (chat.txt) will become large after some time - so I do a rename from time to time (like Chat01-06.2011) to keep it smaller.

At current, IM's sent to E-Mail will not be preserved when you login - so they get lost in between.

Greets, Wol

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4488 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.