sl isnt running right

princessbellacullen21

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4501 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

You crashed.  The reason for the crash could be almost anything.  No one can give much more than a guess without some infromation about your computer, the viewer you are using, and how you connect to the Internet.  If SL ran before without problems and now it's crashing on you, it's probably not the viewer (though it's possible)...........it's more likely something in your computer is heating to the point of shutting down the program that is causing the heat issue.  That something is most likely your graphics card/adapter.

But, as I said at the first, that's just a guess.  To get some basic computer specs easily just launch your viewer (don't log in) and under the "Help" menu click "About Second Life". Copy and paste back here the specs the viewer reports to the servers when you launch the viewer.  To add to your thread (without starting a new one........that's really confuses) use the Options at the upper right hand corner of your post and "Edit".

Hello princessbellacullen21 and welcome to SL Forums. For me is very possible to fix the issue if you clear your cache manually (out of SL and having your viewer closed). To do that delete all contests at the following folders:

C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ Secondlife and

C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ Roaming \ SecondLife

Remarks:

1. The paths i gave you exist for Windows Vista of 7. If your OS is different, let us know editing your post.
  2. About Windows paths: C:\ = Your hard disk, you find it if you open "My computer". Where you see backslash, follows a folder into the previous one
  3. Usually the folder Appdata is a hidden folder. If so --> Windows Tools \ Folder Options \ View & enable Show Hidden Files/Folders
  4. If you want to keep your private conversations which are saved in your computer, copy the folder with your nickname to another position in your hard disk. The folder is: C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ Roaming \ SecondLife \ princessbellacullen21_resident

If you had an error message during the installation of last version of V3 (3.2.5) like:

Error opening file for writing:

C:\Program Files \ SecondlifeViewer\llplugin\imageformats\qtiff4.dll (and several more .dll files after)

Click Abort to stop the installation,
Retry to try again, or
Ignore to skip this file

....uninstall also the viewer using the windows control panel and download a fresh copy from http://secondlife.com/support/downloads/

Good luck.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4501 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.