Fresh Install of SL, firewall ok, net ok, router ok yet I crash on TP and then have prob w/ relog?

Calliope Larkham

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4490 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

A few days ago, I crashed harder than I've EVER crashed in SL since 2008. I went to TP to a sim that I am a mod for to deal with a griefer problem. I landed, and when the screen rezzed for me, it was all water looking, i was stuck in an animation, the land/sim name/etc never showed up for me, and i crashed. Its been hell to get on every since. I tried to relog right after that, it wouldn't go thru. I've had to uninstall/reinstall nearly every time I want to log in now, and when I DO manage to get on, I can't tp or I crash. I'm perfectly fine on my home sim, tps from place to place flawlessly, as it always did. But if I try to tp to a different sim, forget it. It's very discouraging, as we have checked Firewalls, even tried to turn them completely OFF at one point, we have done net tests, etc, did not one but TWO system restores. Ive cleaned out registry, ran scans, etc etc. Have tried this with MULTIPLE viewers now, I generally use Rainbow because it doesn't lag me from here to east jahunga, but, I have tried it with Firestorm, Singularity, Rainbow, and the official Second Life viewer. I have turned graphics down to low, only allowing local lights, atmosphere, and shading stuff.. no reflections, shiny, etc. everything was perfectly fine before that crash.. now i can't do a thing unless it involves my sim, and thats only when i CAN log in. I have an e-machines with a NVidia graphics card. I'm running windows 7 and I have an athlon processor. Its been perfectly fine up until 4 days ago. Any suggestions? (rolig, ty, i wouldn't have thought of that, but I don't think that's the case either, unfortunately, but as soon as I can get back in I will give it a shot... and sorry, didnt see a reply button anywhere to respond so had to edit here. go me. >.<

1 answer to this question

It's a long shot, but try this ....

Some issues you might encounter are due to “bad” gestures (for lack of a better term). In brief, one or more gestures may fail to load properly and cause the viewer to time out.

Symptoms which may be the result of problem gestures include:

• You are unable to log in properly without having to clear cache fully before doing so.
    It should never be necessary to clear cache before logging in, so if you have to do this, something is wrong. Some find that if they don't clear cache each time, they get logged out within seconds of logging in, or perhaps they are ruthed or a cloud every time, or even that they crash shortly after log in.
  • You are able to log in but find yourself under water (all you can see is a blue screen) at coordinates 10, 10, 10.
    If you log in to an all blue screen, check your location, see if you are near the SIM corner, at 10, 10, 10. If so, you almost certainly have a problem gesture.

In some cases, you will see that there is an error in loading one or more gestures. If you do, make careful note of which ones, then find them and deactivate them - or better, delete them. If there is no such message, then please read on.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4490 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.