Bluebane Akula

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4496 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, this is my first time posting on the forums so i hope i am doing it right and that someone can help me :)

I have created a micro mesh avatar which i have shrunk the avatar mesh and the armiture, i am uploading into SL with a Z offset of -400 and everything seems to work fine generally.

The problem i am trying to solve is when an animation causes the avatar to move towards the floor i go down into the floor, this is also happening when i do a ground sit using an AO.

With no AO active a ground sit works normally and my avatar sits on the floor.

I was wondering if there was anything i could do so that AO animations and ground sits will work as normal with my avatar or possibly freeze the pivot point so it doesnt go down?

Any assistance anyone could provide would be greatly recieved.

Thanks for your time :)

Ok, basically, you have to make your own AO, you can't use normal animation on this, at least not for anything where your avatar gets alot closer to the ground. It might be possible to make an AO for it that just animates your Z axis, and all the other parts are left at zero to match your Tframe. Then the height should be somewhat locked, not for sits tho, you'd have to do something similar for those also. The end result, I'm guessing, might look ok on most stands, but will get all wonky with any other animation type. Best solution, is probably what most people do, unless they have extensive time to animate. They make simple animations for their character, and use the priority system and bone priority system to make something that just works with the default SL animations. If you like to animate tho, heck, you can make your little dude do anything. Getting it to work properly and be used with any normal AO, beyond the stand animations, is not really possible. I hope some other micro avatar creators chime in, cause I'm just working on theory and experience. I've not animated a micro avatar yet. I'm guessing that extreme size along with the distance, creates a lot of sliding with mocap stands.

Good Luck!

Thanks, i had a gut feeling it would come down to custom animations.

The avatars do seem to slide about alot with normal AO standing and moveing animations but its definatly the dance and ground sit animations that are the killer for it.

will have a play around and if i happen to find a solution that doesnt require all custom anims i will post it here.

Thanks again ^_^

In the RLV viewer, there's a slider for avatar offset on top of the screen. You need to move that slider from side to side all the time when changing poses often and the effect is limited. Maybe other viewers have the same or a similair function? Anyway, I use it all the time. Not the perfect solution, but it works on all animations.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4496 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.