Mirrored Animations?

Amaranthim Talon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello all- I use QA and have not found a way to Mirror an animation- meaning, create an identical mirrored rendition of an existing animation - not create two animations then add one mannequin into the other and then pose them together.

Is such a feat possible in any other animation program and if so, please make suggestions. Thank you.

Hey Amaranthim,

Hmmm, you know, I use Qavi just for this purpose. Really, I don't use Qavi, other than to do this. The Mirror feature, for me, in under Tools. Generally, I have to click off the avatar, onto the ground, then Tools/Mirror to mirror the whole animation. To just mirror a part, you'd click the part and then Tools/Mirror. I have no idea if I'm using a different version.

Poser has a mirroring tool, under Figure/Symmetry, but I won't call it handy or better than how Qavi does it. Dazstudio also has something related, which is a bit robust. I'm not totally sure about Blender, but there are now 2 different animation tools for blender that are made for SL. 1 is called Avastar and the other is posted in this forum, somewhere.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Medhue! (You know, still hoping you will get around to a super SLat tut ;) )

I had used the latest QA 'til some one here asked about cutting a frame - something I had never been able to do- a link was posted to an older QA that did it and I stopped using the newer one at all. So, on the 2008 05-02 version of QA- you can cut frames but there is no Tool available. Now in the 2009 version, Tool, Mirror exists!

Yay and thanks so much for pointing this out to me :)

Wish creator wd kinda combine best of both worlds but hey, I can live with this.

Thanks again Medhue!

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.