why do i see flames like this now?

wiked Anton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4511 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Ever since i have been using firestorm instead of pheonix  i see flames like this (among other things) and want to kow if there is a way of fixing it?.........my phoenix doesnt seem to want to work properly anymore, freexing all the time, so i am forced to use firestorm ( which i dislike intensely and am annoyed that we are slowly being forced to use beta which seems very laggy and .....well.....rubbish....to me)...any ideas on if i can fix this ONE problem would be appreciated....thank you.........and Happy New Year!!!!flames_001.jpg

8 answers to this question

Looks like a sculptie that isn't fully formed yet.  Usually zooming in on them will force them to render properly.  There is also a LOD volume setting in debug that helps with sculptie rendering.  Unfortunately I don't use Firestorm or Phoenix so can't point you to exactly where to adjust your settings.

--Cinn

That looks to me as if the texture animation has been turned off in the prims with the multiple images (I'm certain of it) but  I'm puzzed by the fact it looks as if it's still running in the bowl (unless that's a particle effect -- I can't really see what's happen there).

Check that Develop>Rendering>Animate Textures is checked.   If it is, then the problem is with the scripts animating the textures rather than the viewer, but it's something wrong with the texture animations, for sure.

if you read my question carefully, you will note that it has only been happening when i use the firestorm viewer, not in the phoenix viewer, so it can't be a prims or script problem, or both viewers would see it. i have still be able to use phoenix now and then, and i see flames normally..........thanks but....try again.

thank you Cinnamon, you are close i think. although it isnt a sculptie, zooming in on it does render it properly, phoenix never had this problem, but i willl see if i can find the setting you speak of. unfortunately, i am not as familiar with firestorm as i was with phoenix, so that may be tricky for me.......

Which is why I suggested that you check Develop>Rendering>Animate Textures, in case it is turned off in Firestorm but turned on in Phoenix.

But I see from your reply to Cinnamon that "zooming in on it does render it properly," which I didn't know.   That is odd.  Certainly the textures in the picture are what a flame animation texture looks like before you animate it.   But how zooming in on it affects things one way or the other, I don't know.   Never come across that before.

Here is the effect I think you might be seeing.  You can see the separation of the prim texture in the first picture.  The second pic is normal.  The difference is the setting for RenderVolumeLODFactor.  I set mine at 4.  I pulled it down below zero just to break it.  The prim is a single prim multiface sculptie popular for doing trees and plants.   You can adjust the RenderVolumeLODFactor in the Debug Settings.   Note:  I believe Firestorm has a much more extensive graphics control interface so it wouldn't surprise me if RenderVolumeLODFactor is also found somewhere in their Graphic Preferences as well

--Cinn

Snapshot_009.png

Snapshot_010.png

While i had hoped that this was it.......i felt before i even logged in to check that it really wasn't. first of all, i dont see trees or any other texture like this, only flames. But i though i should take a look at it anyhow, and mine was set a 2750, i changed it to 4000 and that had no real effect.....gosh i was a little excited though....................................................................NEXT!!!

p.s. i find it funny that your post was marked  "Answered" with a big "success" as a heading, obviously someone/thing else also thought you had hit the nail on the head.......but alas........no. thank you for trying and please do not be discouraged from trying again.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4511 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.