Attachment out of alignment

newsue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4520 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, Sue.  Welcome to SL.

I'm not sure what you mean by "negative type mode".  The edges of the skirt should glow when it's selected, but that doesn't sound like "negative type mode" to me, so I'm wondering if it's something else.

In general, I'd recommend finding a pose stand from somewhere (many merchants give them away free with purchases, and I know the Adult Hub has free ones, but if you get stuck, IM me in world and I'll send you one).    They normally put you into a dead straight position with your arms stretched out, which makes aligning stuff easier.

There's a couple of video tutorials about editing attachments on YouTube.   There's a very

and a far
    Because they were made some time ago, the user interface is rather different (assuming you're using a recent viewer) but the main editing tools are unchanged, and they might be some help.

As I mentioned when we spoke in world, that sounds to me as if you are somehow going into wireframe view --

edit -- wireframe_001.jpg

I have no idea how that can be happening -- it should look more like this

edit -- wireframe_002.jpg

If that's what's happening, you should be able to restore the view to something like the second picture by using CTRL+SHIFT+R (assuming you're using Windows -- not sure what the equivalent Mac shortcut is). But I am baffled as to how you're going into wireframe by accident. You mentioned you're using Phoenix -- maybe their help group could suggest what's going on (there may be an option in Phoenix to go into wireframe when editing -- which can be useful at times -- that you've turned on by accident)

Ah.  That's the normal edit view; the child prims are highlighted in blue and the root prim in yellow.   In V3, the highlighting vanishes when you touch the arrows to move the skirt around, so that's not an issue.

I can't remember what it's supposed to do in Phoenix but I think there's a setting somewhere in Phoenix preferences to control the thickness of the highlight.   Someone who uses Phoenix would be able to tell you.   

I can see that it may be difficult to edit that skirt as the root prim is a flexi prim and it is probably at a weird angle to begin with. When you are in the edit mode (with all the blue and yellow lines) you should see a set of arrows. If you don't try zooming your view out because the arrows may be far from the skirt. I would try adjusting your skirt using just the arrows first. If it looks like the angle is wrong then you press the 'ctrl' key and try rotating using the adjustment circles that appear. I've adjusted skirts like those before and they can be a pain.

While in edit mode you can press ctrl-Z to 'undo' the adjustment. I think you can undo several moves as long as you stay in the edit mode.

Bree Giffen wrote:

I can see that it may be difficult to edit that skirt as the root prim is a flexi prim and it is probably at a weird angle to begin with.

I don't know how it went wrong in the first place, I didn't intentionally do anything  :matte-motes-not-even:

Thanks for the tips.

Sue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4520 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.