im haveing graphics issues dont know why even with graphics on low nothing is loading right

Astergo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4516 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I Just installed SL but for some reason nothing is loading right my avatar is just a silouette and so is everything around me im not sure if its my computer or the game im running with Dual Core intel pentium on intel chipset 965 express i can move around and all but everything is just white...

2 answers to this question

Hello Astergo and welcome to SL Forums. You can see SL's system requirements here. 

For your appearance issues:

• Move to a region without lag, or better relog there. Protected lands like Smith, Exeuxoa or Anzere are recommended.  If you can't select a different region, in your log in screen give the command: Menu Me --> Preferences --> General Tab --> Enable "Show on login" --> OK.  After click the down arrow where it says "Start at" and choose <Type region name> --> Smith --> Login.
  • Open your inventory type something in search there and wait fetching all your items till the last one. When fetching finishes, try to change outfit choosing choosing one with just the necessary stuff (skin, shape, hair, eyes, pants and shirt) without any attachments. Wait some seconds and rebake your textures with Ctrl+Alt+R. Repeat same process if it is necessary.
  • If the problem remains follow the suggestions at the following link: http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=fs_bake_​fail They work for all viewers.

For loading issue:

• Try to disable VBO (Menu Me --> Preferences --> Graphics --> Hardware)
  • Increase your maximum bandwidth (Preferences --> Setup)
  • If nothing works, try a Third-Party Viewer. You can find all of them here. Many residents use Phoenix or Firestorm.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Just to add to LoveAngel's great selection of information, if you would like to add any more to this thread, please do so by clicking on "options" at the top right hand corner of your original post and "edit".

Add your full system specifications if you will, and that will help people be more precise in their advice back to you.

And welcome to Second Life and Second Life Answers. It's a great place to be, once you get the basics sorted out. :matte-motes-grin:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4516 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.