Help with Search Ingame

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4551 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

I have an issue with Search ingame. Have looked at every resource I can find and have not been able to rectify.

Example: I search for events. My search according to the search engine yields 5775 results. However, I can only "see" about  20. Nothing more loads, I don't see a way to page foward. I've tried refreshing. I just can NOT for the life of me,  figure out how to see all the results. And I know there are more than 20 events going on. LOL.

I've been away from SL for a few months and I remember prior to my leaving, that this was not an issue I experienced. I remember pages of events. I mean, I know the population in SL has dwindled lol. but if results yield 5775 events, I should be able to see them all!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much :-)

Yeh I've done and am aware of both of these things. Stretching the screen out does nothing for me. And I've gone into the sub catagories to narrow my search and will then get like 2K results which is less, but still only get about 20  to load.

Odd and I know it didn't work like before so either LL changed something or something changed on my end. Damned if I can figure out what though. My husband is a Systems Manager and he can't figure it out either...lol

Yeah, I know it can be disheartening...there are problems that I have in other areas where no one else seems to have, and I wonder why me :(  Don't give up yet, someone else could have a better suggestion than me soon.  Good luck!

ETA:  Rob may have a point...what viewer do you use?  I use Firestorm.

I have the same problem; I can only view the first page of results, there is no down arrow / scroll bar / or next page. I could stretch the window to the Moon, there aren't any buttons being hidden by the window. 

Not sure if its just the viewer release I'm using or what.

Youtubes new (bogus) format appears to work how Search in SL has been working for me. One page of results.

I don't use search very often, it would be a feature I might not load if I didn't have to. I would report it if I knew what I was doing at Jira and if I desired to be a platform tester. (I do not).

A long time ago Google would show all the Results, you could click next 12 million times.

The time it took to produce the results and the quantity; that was kinda funny that search engines bragged about that.

I had this problem. No matter what I did, when I scrolled down to the bottom of the first 20 listings, nothing else would load, and it didn't ever fill up with the next 20.

The solution in the end was to uninstall the viewer, download a fresh one and re-install it.

Now I find that it mostly works, but when it doesn't, clicking the Search button again to refresh the list will help.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4551 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.