HELP, I am unable to access my inventory! :(

Zyanya Sonata

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4581 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

your inventory may still be loading if you just updated your viewer..it takes a little bit for it to load after you log in..

a way you can see this is by going to recent items and looking at the very top ..it will show the amount of items you have in your inventory..

chances are that number will be changing rapidly..

Try clicking something else on your screen (to clear out the right click), then clicking again. It sometimes take a second click for my items to show "wear" in the menu. I don't know why that it, but it happens from time to time.

You can also give it a few minutes to load completely. Type a random letter into the search bar and wait. You may not be fully loaded, even if it seems you are.

Finally, try the Phoenix/Firestorm support group inworld. They'll have more specific advice on the viewer.

Zyanya Sonata wrote:

This has been happening since yesterday with same clothing, and the clothing from stuff and boxes I purchased AFTER I updated the viewer.  Thank you will go to the phoenix forum too
:)

when you updated..did you do a full clean uninstal of the old viewer?

you could have some lingering stuff from the old viewer or viewers in the other directories that is also causing you problems..

check with the group phoenix group in world and also their forums as well.. the  forums may have some answers and the group is very helpful..

A clean install also requires clearing of settings, and possibly manual clearing of cache.

Clearing Settings

Phoenix settings can become corrupt, particularly if you recently crashed; the files may not save completely, so important information can become “scrambled”. For this reason, wiping your settings, while “painful”, may be necessary. Here is how:

Use a file manager (like Windows Explorer for Windows system, Dolphin, or some such) to locate the settings folder. In its default location, the folder is hidden on most OSs. To find it, you will need to show hidden folders. Now you need to locate the settings folder:
        Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[YOUR USERNAME]\Application Data\SecondLife
        Windows Vista: C:\Users\[uSERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife
        Windows 7: C:\Users\[uSERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife
        Mac: /Users/[YOUR USERNAME]/Library/Application Support/SecondLife
        linux: ~/.secondlife
    To preserve things like saved chat logs, rename the SecondLife folder - for example, append the current date to the name, such as: SecondLife-12Nov2010 If you do not need to save chat logs, then simply delete the entire folder named SecondLife, and everything inside it.

Manually Clearing Cache

IMPORTANT: If you have created a cache for Phoenix outside of the SecondLife folder, then delete everything inside it now. If instead you left the cache in the default location, it was deleted in the step above.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4581 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.