Can't receive items

BradRam

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4518 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

The items that should be sent to me don't come at all. I got mails that annouced about items delivered but when I log in I don't see anything or even when I stay online at the time they should come to me but they still not and this has been like this since I made this account ( almost 1 week and I try again everyday). I mean the items from Midnight Mania boards and Marketplace purchases (were free ones but it makes me not to want to buy anyhing costs money from the site now). I'm not new to second life but this is making me so confused.  I hope to see some answers about this problem.

2 answers to this question

If you are answering about buy in Marketplace, maybe this KB artlcle ( http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Shopping-in-the-Marketplace/ta-p/700195#Section_.3.4 ) can help:

Accidentally discarded items

Unfortunately, items sent by scripted objects — like Marketplace deliveries — are completely discarded and can't be retrieved from the Trash, unlike items sent manually from another avatar.

Contact the merchant, explain what happened, and politely request redelivery of the item. Often the merchant will understand and redeliver, especially if the item in question isn't  "no-copy."

Unreceived items

Has it been more than 24 hours since you ordered? If so, contact the merchant, explain what happened, and politely request redelivery of the item. If it has been less than 24 hours, please be patient and check again later. If the merchant doesn't respond, you can submit a support case requesting redelivery. Make sure to include the order number and the exact name of the undelivered item(s).

Slow deliveries may currently be more noticeable because you now have a cart to which you can add multiple items. (This wasn't the case with the old Xstreet, which closed for purchases in October 2010.) Unfortunately, we can only send so many items at a time.

32px-KBnote.png Note: There are several interrelated causes that slow down delivery. We are hard at work on creating a faster and more reliable Marketplace system that will soon make Magic Boxes obsolete.

The same thing has been happening to me for about one week.  I cannot receive any offers nor IMs into sl if I am logged out at the time, even though the sender gets the standard blurb that their IM or shared item (including marketstreet purchases) will be stored and delivered later... they have NEVER delivered to me for the past week - not even into my trash.  ONLY way I can receive ANYTHING is if I am logged in at the time.

I was on sl Premium Support Chat about it last night for about an hour, and the tech could find nothing on it, so must be a fairly new bug.  I have uninstalled every viewer and deleted every folder containing anything remotely referencing sl on my pc.

Did a clean re-install of latest Viewer3 from Linden.  Logged into Hatton and set my Av to one of the standard Vehicles, and then the standard Unicorn, just to be sure I got rid of anything I might be wearing if corrupted.  Cleared all caches and reset the Debug to Default, and logged out.

Went to another pc and logged in as alts - sent my premium some inventory and IMs as tests.

Returned to primary pc and logged in as my primary av, and still - received NOTHING while logged out - even though my alts got the blurb that all is well and the things would be delivered. 

Hope somebody can fix this.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4518 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.