when i try to open second life my it says "Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because...

22Marishka2222

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3903 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

That's because you are trying to enter SL from a web site, using a SLURL.  A SLURL is a very special type of URL.  It only makes sense as an address when it is used inside Second Life.  If you want to use a SLURL outside SL, from your Firefox browser, you need to teach Firefox what a SLURL is first.  Begin by downloading and installing a Second Life viewer.  Without a viewer, you won't be able to get into SL at all.  You'll get a viewer here >>> https://secondlife.com/support/downloads/?lang=en-US  . Then, when you are in Firefox,

(1) open the Tools menu at the top of the screen and navigate to Options >>> Applications

(2) Scroll down in that new window until you see secondlife in the list on the left side. 

(3) Look at the list on the right side, and use the menu there to locate the SL viewer that you just installed.  Select it, so that it shows in that right hand column. 

(4) Close the window.

Firefox will now know that whenever you click on a SLURL, it means "Open the SL Viewer and log me in at tis spot."

Most of the time, of course, you will want to log in the normal way, by opening your SL viewer.  A SLURL can be handy, though, so it's good to go through that setup process.

I cant installed download sl button i always says sorry we cant download sl try checking network connectioon then run sl setup again (21002) i already try many time my net was fine excellent now in using sl viewer graphics bad eyes hurts i hate being dc alot of times can do something about that please i want to play it now sighplease fixed

You're in luck. I spotted your private message in this ancient thread just now. Welcome to SL.

There's much more to an "excellent" Internet connection than bandwidth. It may be just fine for web browsing and some on-line games, but it needs to be very stable and responsive to handle SL. If you have been using wireless, get off it. Check to be sure that your computer meets Linden Lab's recommended system requirements (see https://secondlife.com/support/system-requirements/ ). If you have tried to download more than one time, be sure that you are removing all traces of the last try before you do it again. Here's how >>> http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/tkb-p/English_KB%40tkb . Finally, check to be sure that you do not have a firewall blocking entry to SL.

If you still have trouble, please start a NEW thread instead of attaching your question to the end of someone else very old, archived question.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3903 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.