Auto accept inventory?

Trin1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4152 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Depending on which viewer you are using, you ought to be able to simply make that setting in Preferences.  If your viewer doesn't have that option, you can still do it by opening your Advanced menu (CTRL + Alt + D) >> Debug Settings and typing in AutoAcceptNewInventory . In the little window that opens, click the TRUE button and then close the window.

Frankly, though, I don't think auto accepting items is usually a good idea.  I'm sure that your Mom told you never to accept things from strangers.  It's a good rule in SL too.  There are a lot of griefers out there who would love to give you things that have malicious scripts in them, so I think it's wise to always take your time and make a deliberate conscious choice about whether you REALLY want to accept something you are given.  Linden Lab evidently feels the same way.  That's why the AuotAcceptNewInventory setting is set by default to FALSE.

I was mostly thinking of using it for MM boards, sometimes I win more than I can accept (being that midnight in SL is 3 am here) or even if I win only a few sometimes you only have so long to log in and claim the prize.

From experience only about 10% of mm boards have a redelivery option and asking the owner for a redelivery (for ones that don't have it) even very nicely is like asking them if you can remove their kidney with a rusty spoon.

I was thinking leave it logged in when I go to bed and then I'll get my items.

I'm not one of those that blindly clicks MM boards, I make sure of what it is first so I know what I am getting so random unknown items will get deleted for safety reasons.

Someone should invent something that'll auto accept items specifically from MM and S&D boards.

• 1 year later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4152 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.