Silly (?) question

XbabylonX

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4570 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Lets say I want to create an animation for 2 avatars kissing each other (standing).

If the male avatar is too tall and the female avatar is too short, is the female avatar in the position of kissing male's chest??? :matte-motes-whistle:

I just start trying qavimator and that question came up.

Thank you.

My avatar is a rather petite teenager and in many couple animations with tall guys, especially couples dances, her feet end up quite a bit above the floor. The hug-and-kiss system I'm most familiar with has the ability to at least partially compensate for height differences by having multiple sets of animations.

Most hug / kiss animation sets just do the animation, and don't worry about height differences. If one avatar is much taller than the other, the short one ends up off the ground, and probably kissing the tall one's neck or chest. In general, their hips match up. It's difficult to actually get them even facing each other. If you issue the request and aren't aligned right, one person often has to twist around to get themselves facing the other. Haven't seen a hugger yet that automatically solved that alignment issue, without rezzing pose balls that they have to explicitly sit on and stand up from.

I have seen huggers specificly for dealing with much shorter tor taller avatars - designed so a child avatar can give or receive a hug and / or kiss. It uses a different animation for the situation, sometimes with the taller one kneeling.

You could offer a couple of different options - like kiss, kiss taller, kiss shorter - with different animation pairs for each case, so the shorter one stands on tip toes and the taller one bends down into the kiss, for example.

You could also offer an adjustment factor, that gets set once, and that assumes the person wearing the HUD is consistently taller or shorter than most of the people that they kiss or hug, either offsetting the animation pair, or actually selecting a different animation set if the offset falls within certain ranges.

My SL boyfriend has a hug & kiss animation and everytime we first meet he uses it. I receive a request to animate my avatar box & I click "yes" and we hug & kiss. Or try to.

The animation is so spazztic & misaligned that it appears silly. I wish he wouldn't use it. But if I ask him not to, he thinks that I don't want to hug & kiss him. It isn't that. I just don't like the animation. I'd rather just type " ~kisses~~ ~ you..," than see our avvies spaz out as my arms go thru his chest & I kiss his collar bone.

Jeanne

Many of the early freebie hug and kiss animations make the avatar jump up and down or run in place, and do look pretty spastic. They used to look much better, but LL changed how collisions between avatars were detected, and it screwed up the old hug/kiss gadgets.

The only fix is to gift your boyfriend or yourself with a newer, better quality hug/kiss attachment. Shop in Search or on SLM and you'll find many much nicer ones out there, and some are free or very inexpensive.

Ceera Murakami wrote:

Many of the early freebie hug and kiss animations make the avatar jump up and down or run in place, and do look pretty spastic. They useded to look much better, but LL changed how collisions between avatars were detected, and it screwed up the old hug/kiss gadgets.

The only fix is to gift your boyfriend or yourself with a newer, better quality hug/kiss attachment. Shop in Search or on SLM and you'll fince many much nicer ones out there, and some are free or very inexpensive.

Thank you Ceera.

~Hugggzzzz~~ ~

Jeanne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4570 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.