Good tutorials for making and re-sizing shoes?

DragonLady Merlin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4535 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hya!

A couple of people have asked me to start carrying shoes that will match the outfits I'm making.  I went looking at pre-made shoes to start with, and found a few that I like.  I grabbed a couple of demos and some freebies to play with, and discovered I'm in waaay over my head, even though I'm a decent builder.

I have no idea how to make my foot fit the shoes, or vice-versa, and have no idea how to edit them properly to look right.  The person who made them is extremely nice, but has limited English and wasn't able to really help me out much.

Any tips, advice, great links or other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

~DL

There are shoe kits you can buy that come with scripts that build the shoe for you showing you as the creator.  What you do is create the number of prims the directions tell you to create, and then either link the set and put a script into it, or put the prim inside or on a scripted object.  When its done, all you have to do is link the shoes and texture them.  Most of these kits come with texture maps that you can import into photoshop or gimp and use to create your own textures the same way you do clothing.  Some kits are sold with textures already made, and some are sold separately for the specific shoe.

There are machines on the marketplace that do the same thing for kits you get without the scripts discussed above.  They too will produce a replica of the model that came with the pack showing you as the creator, if the model is full perm or you have the maps depending on the machine you buy.

Other than these two methods, you build shoes the same way you build any other sculpted object.  Just like other sculpts some will take any seamless texture, and other's require you to create a custom baked texture for it.  Since you make clothes already, you should have no problem with this because it is the same way you make textures for sculpted prim clothing pieces.

Commercial HUDs  that will allow the customer to match skin tone, and choose nails or any color and texture options you offer, are also available on the marketplace.  They are configured by notecard.  The HUD's prims are generally modifiable so you can put your own logo and any custom graphics on it you want.  If you can script you can also make one of your own.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4535 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.