I wish to place alt's in my store to promote items, but not raise traffic. Is this allowed?

mwhynot Vella

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4535 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello, I am soon going to reopen a line of stores I used to run and I'd like to know something before I start. I was wondering if I used a third party viewer to log an alternate account into SL, then make them either stand or sit on an object within my store and promote clothing / items by them wearing them, is that allowed? I don't want to boost the lands traffic level, I just want to have what you could call a model. But I do not wish to use sculpty prims as an avatar. I wish to use real avatars to show how the clothing fits properly. I just do not know if it's allowed or if there is someway to do it so it would not raise the land traffic.

• Like 1

4 answers to this question

They didn't use to enforce that limit. A comment I once read by a Linden (I forget who exactly) was something to the effect of "You can't run an army of bots". He never defined army but it left me with the impression that as long as you don't get too carried away and use the bots in ways that are allowed in the wiki you can run more than the 5. They are accounts though.........you just have to log them in as scripted agents so that they are not counted in traffic. I don't think they even have a way to check that though unless you get AR'd or something. I would ask around a little more to make sure they haven't suddenly started cracking down on the number of accounts you can have per email...........then, again, email addresses are easy enough to come by. :)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4535 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.