A no copy object failed to rez inworld and disappeared from my inventory, how can I get it back?

Crewman Argus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3710 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I bought a complete avatar at Marketplace and received my purchase with no problems. I then went to a sandbox to rez it inworld....waited...waited some more and finally got the error message, "object failed to rez". The box was no copy and is no longer in my inventory nor is it inworld, where did it go and how do I get it back?

3 answers to this question

I know, the question is 3 years old already, but maybe the information can be useful for somebody in the same situation.

If you tried to rezz a no-copy object and due to some error it didn't appear in-world but DID disappear from inventory, you could think you lost it forever. I had the same problem but as I see now it disappeared only from the local inventory cache in your viewer, not from the Asset Server.

So try to just clear your cache and relog, then force the inventory reloading by typing something in the "filter" field in inventory window and wait - wait util the reloading is finished, it may take a long time (depends on the total objects number there). ONLY AFTER the inventory reloading is finished try to locate your "lost" object in its original place, it should be there. If not sure about the folder, try the "filter" field to find it (but not earlier than the reloading process is over, or you'll get no luck!).

Hope this information will help.

• Thanks 1

Hello Crewman and welcome to SL Forums. Some suggestions:

1. Use the filter in your inventory typing the name of the object or a part of it and look into your Lost and Found folder
  2. If you rezzed your box in a sandbox maybe it will be returned to your inventory with the next "Auto return". So wait a little more
  3. If you eventually you can't find your object, contact the merchant, explain what was happened and ask politely for redelivery

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3710 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.