This is weird

Pamela Galli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4572 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I did not know where to put this but it appears to affect scripting, because I think it is messing up the subscriber I am using. The creator has not seen this before either:  If you put identical things (scripts, snapshots, etc.) inside a cube, after #32, the items will be misnumbered. At least that is the case on two of my sims.

I looked for a JIRA for this -- is there one?  Or any explanation?

Hi, Pam.  Yes, I never figured out what causes that problem, so my solution was to add a note to the product that warns users not to add more than 32 copies of the same thing to its inventory.  It's the chicken's way out, but in my case it wasn't much of a limitation.  My product is a dance machine, and it's copiable.  If a buyer expects to have more than 32 people dancing at once -- a rare occurrence in most places -- he can always put up a second machine.  Finding a real solution to the problem is still on my To Do list.  Now if YOU find a solution, plase let me know .....

Hi Rolig -- weird, huh? 

What I did was ask the creator of the subscriber to just make me numbered scripts from 33-49 (which is all the subscriber holds), since the scripts were of course no mod. It took a few days to get the mess straightened out but that seems to have fixed it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4572 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.