I just downloaded firestorm release and when i scroll in and out my hair and other things go crazy.

Diamondd Denver

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Scrolling in and out and sometimes just standing is driving me nuts! It looks like a bad glitch like when your PC can't handle having graphics on ultra and everything starts spazzing out. I can't really explain i can't ever explain things very well. But, it's sorta like when a sculpty doesn't rez and it looks all jacked up and messy? Idk. I tried to take a picture of it but it only seems to really happen when scrolling in and out. Please help if you  can :matte-motes-crying:

4 answers to this question

Hi, as mentioned with Firestorm I think the default setting for LOD is like 1.000, not sure which version you have but set the the LOD to 4.000 minimum, no need to go above that. One version of Firestorm will only go to 4.000 anyhow since that is really the max for noticeable effect, (if for some reason you decide to switch to V3 viewer, you would go to "Advanced--Debug Settings--(type in "RenderVolumeLODFactor)" and it will pop up an adjustable number box, set it to 4.000.

As a side note: You may also want to increase your "Draw" to like 128, this will extend the distance to what you can see in your viewer, but also means it will load more items.....so potentially "may" cause lag. You have to use a bit of common sense here. A setting of 128 won't give you much trouble in high traffic areas.....but if you go much higher then that it may. However, if you have your own Sim...or a half or quarter sim, you can safely turn this up to like 250 to 500. This depends a bit on how good your computer is, meaning how fast, :D.

LOL....another side note: You may want to check your "Particle" settings under "Preferences" also, because in some Phoenix/Firestorm viewers this is set to zero so you cannot see any effects of particles. Change this at least to the bare minimum of 256 so your viewer can show particle effects when used.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.