Full modern combat with tanks, jets and helicopters? NO WAY!

Aeon Voom

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4153 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay one thing i often get faced with is: What i do is totally impossible in SL.

While there might be truth in this. I can tell you WHY it works.

Scale - It's important to scale everything down. Range of the weapons, the ammount of fuel and the effectivness of the weapons.

IN real life jets barely encounter in any dogfights anymore. The fight takes place several kilometers away from the actual crafts involved. In real life tanks snipe each other over distances of 5 kilometers or more. SO this is also a scale factor. But directly involves realism.

Realism - Don't try it. Most people who use this term really have no idea about realism.One thing is damage. In Real life A missile or grenade kills people or targets instantly. Thats their aim and purpose. But i am very very sure people would start to hate the game if they would get killed after every single shot. So what i mean there is mostly about the damage factor. Another thing is the agility of the planes involved. The key there is to make a jet not constantly clash into simborders while avoiding to make it an UFO.

Community - Another factor i mentioned earlier in another post,is the community. Let's face it: Second life offers better communication for all parties involved and is as such a better social carrier. This alone makes a huge difference to actual FPS games in my eyes. I know people who would never play battlefield or call of duty but really enjoy fighting in SL.

Consistency - We strictly believe that everyone should have the chance to develope for Olds, While we also need to care about gaming balance. Plainly said: If a developer creates an item that would dip the balance the admins chim in and try to resolve the issue as best as possible, working closely with the developer. This assures a consistant fair and balanced gameplay.

Maintainance - This is very important. The sims need to be allways in healthy condition. Thats why we restart them at least once a day and scan for laggy devices, avatars and such.

Edjucation -.Last but not least: The community offers training on how to use the vehicles, how to fight in combat and how to avoid lag. There the circle comes to a full and starts to spin.

This is all we do. The people enjoy it and we are happy when they are.

Opinions?

Agreed.

A lot of people don't realise the simple mechanics at work that make SL combat possible.

People are here for fun.

Even if someone goes out of line, communication goes a long way to resolving issues.

It's all about having decent moderators around who can keep operations running smooth.

Just as much as a forum needs moderators to keep things in check. It's the same thing.

• 1 year later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4153 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.