cancelled premium account and need to request fee refund

Laska Soulstar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4571 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i am currently in the hospital which was unexpected and had surgery. i wont be out for another couple of weeks. so i called linden labs today to ask that my account be downgraded to a basic account because i was locked out of my account cause my premium fees were due. problem is that i am using a prepaid credit card for all my secondlife transactions now so i had no way to load my credit card to have my fees come off. so they downgraded my premium account to a basic account and told me to file a ticket to get a return of fees but i cant find where im supposed to go.

i was going to pay my fees when i got out of the hospital but because i was locked out of my account,, is the reason i downgraded my prem account so i can play sl. so can someone tell me where i go to.  this is the ticket that was filed today when i called linden labs.

012803752011-11-28 14:53:44

Account Closure Request

res in hospital. request remove linden home and downgrade. will submit ticket to refund fee

again,, ive spent over 2 hours looking for where i need to go to do this cause it is still trying to take money from my cc.

3 answers to this question

Sorry to hear of your illness, but LL has never, to my knowledge, offerd a refund on any unused part of a Premium membership. If you were locked out because your dues were due, and the card on file had insufficent funds, then they don't owe you money, you owe them money. Even if you downgrade after the account got suspended, LL still wants their fees that were due, to reactivate the account.

No one on this forum can directly help you. You need to contact the billing department at Linden Lab to get this straightened out.

You should contact Billing.

1.  If you allow your Premium account to fall into arrears, LL will not downgrade you, they will delete your account. :smileymad:

2.  You cannot downgrade your account yourself until you:

a.  Pay what you already owe, and

b.  Go in world and abandon your Linden Home, and sell or abandon any other Mainland you have.

3.  If you downgrade your account, or quit SL altogether, you will not receive a refund on any unused Premium membership time.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4571 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.