Order Status: Delivery partially failed - what does this mean?

Pussycat Catnap

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4693 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What does this mean?

Partially failed?

I'm seeing it on orders of single items...

And the orders then say 'Item Delivered' most of the time, and sometimes 'item not available for delivery' (even though its right there in the magic box...).

Thankfully all these problems are limited to my freebies, but what is going on?

As far as I know, it occurs when an item (or items) of an order which contains multiple items from several venders couldn't been delivered for some reasons (eg. time out), so even if your item was delivered, if some other item(s) of the same order failed to be delivered, the order gets that status.

You are correct Ry0ta, the "Partially Failed" status means that one of the items in the multiple-item order failed to deliver. If your items were delivered before the failure then your items will report "Delivered" and you should get paid. If your item is the one that fails, clicking on the "View Order" link on the far right should show the status "Failed" and you should not be paid (and the customer will eventually be reimbursed).

If the failure occurred before your item was delivered then (I believe) your order status will show "Failed" and you will not be paid. However, big fat caveat time, I am not totally sure on this. Because I can't look at multiple Merchants' order reports, I cannot really determine which failed first and how SLM handles the failure. No matter which way it falls though, it only takes one bad apple to spoil most of the barrel.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4693 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.