Login in issues

Noelia Douner

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4526 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there:

I'm trying to log in to Sl on Phoenix viewer on my desktop, but just when it's about to log in i get the following message:

' We're having trouble connecting. There may be a problem with your internet connection or the Second Life servers. You can either check your internet connection and try again in a few minutes, click help to connect to our support site, or click teleport to attemp to teleport home.'

If I click on any of the options i get this:

' You have been disconnected from the region you were in"

Now I thought it was the viewer but I also tried others and it's the same.

My connection to internet works, since i tried logging in to Sl from my laptop and it works.

Does anyone know what might be the problem? 

Thanks a lot!

Noe.

Hi Noelia,

this does indeed sound like a connectivity problem. Are you positively sure your internet works ok? You know SL is a bandwith hog and needs decidedly more ooomph than for just browing some websites. So please conduct some speedtests to servers in Dallas, San Francisco or wherever the SL allocations are these days.

Still ok?

Did your ISP maybe block the ports to SL? Is your RL location maybe experiencing some trouble? Cable theft, congested exchange, network problems with your ISP?

Then check your computer. First time you try to run SL from that specific machine? GPU strong enough to run SL? Are you plugged in or using wireless? All those factors can successfully block you from logging in.

Hello Noelia and welcome to SL Forums. Sounds an internet connection issue for me also. Try to:

1. Log in a different region like Smith, Exeuxoa or Anzere
  2. Reboot your modem / router leting it closed at least for 2-3 mins and your computer
  3. Clear your cache under your preferences

See if something makes any difference.

Sounds like connection problem on your computer.   Here are 2 articles about such  problems:

Troubleshoot Your #SL Connection

http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

Login fails? Lots of logouts?

http://virtualoutworlding.blogspot.com/2011/10/kit-login-fails-lots-of-logouts.html

Some of the problems in the articles are located in the computer, not the net connection.

TKR

This is the issue I am having, but with the refining feature of it only applies to logging into my home sim. Or rather, this is the error message I get when I try. I can log into every other sim I've attempted, just not home. And when I try and tp home, I get a very weird long logout. The sim I am on slowly dissolves and I am left suspended over bare land, until eventually I get the 'you have been logged out' message.

It happens after LL restarts and upgrades, and it resolves after a second restart of my home sim.

I've tried all the fixes mentioned here and elsewhere about everything from router through connection, isp, viewer type, everything I can think of.

If anyone has any other suggestions not commonly mentioned or listed above, I would appreciate it. On my seventh support ticket, and since I am told its my issue, I am finding it harder and harder to get the restart of my home sim that seems to clear the problem for me.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4526 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.