Questions about Mesh in Second Life

Michael Krell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4315 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This isn't a bitch about mesh thread, these are legitimite questions and questions that have answers too whether or not things I'm planning to do will be impacted or not. Before I start once more (reason why I quit but not going to get into it) is whether or not mesh can be animated easily.

Lets say I wanted to come up with a female or male avatar mesh to clone as a fake person and get scripted. Is it possible to take the LSL scripting language and animate the mesh itself to make it move freely within the sl environment. Such as givng it set paramaters of movement or making it follow you even by giving it actual physical walk animations.

If not possible can it still be done with mesh body parts that would then be linked together with a ball & joint method of moving mesh like objects within the LSL scripting language in certain aspects to give it the said physics?

Short answer is, NO!

That would require custom skeletons for objects. We don't have those yet, and I wouldn't hold my breath untill such a thing will be implemented.

Of course you can make the body of several peices linked together, and animate them just like the pupeteer scripts do.

• 7 months later...

Resurecting an old dead post...  but another question came to mind when a topic came up in regards to meshing items for some other places.... on the second life avatar theres a skeleton second life uses correct, is it possible to use that skeleton for a product and have a script activate the joint movements.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4315 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.