New to SL - looking for friends & cool groups to hang out with?

VampyBat

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4520 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi Everyone :)  I'm new to SL & I really like it but I'd really like to meet some new people & don't know where to start.

I love music, especially industrial/electro & the club scene. I also like art, nature, science, and animals.  Is anyone looking for friends and/or have any recommendations?  Really looking forward to hanging with some new people :)

:: VampyBat  ::

Welcome to Second Life VampyBat,

I recommend for you to not follow any recommendations, Second Life is best when it is discovered. With that said, let me make some recommendations.

There is a Vampire category here at the Forum; there's been a lot of talk about it. :matte-motes-grin:

Industrial / electro? You must have been looking at my buildings :smileyvery-happy: I try to build houses, but the buildings have their own plans, and end up looking like factories.

Industrial electro makes me think Steampunk, they are a "cool" group of people.

Near the Top of this page is a link to the World Map, you could review the map to get an overview of the SL world. The map at the link above is easier to manage for some residents than the map Inworld. Zoom out on the map and look to see that there are several large continents (Mainland's Linden owned) and thousands of single or isolated Regions (Privately owned Regions). There are some large groupings of private regions called Estates, those are privately owned also.

Place with people almost 24/7 are in the Regions Dore, Violet, Help Island Public, Waterhead. There are hundreds of other Regions that also have Residents but some regions have crazy names that I forgot how to spell :smileyhappy:

Use the Inworld map to teleport to those or other regions. A tip for better map performance is to only enable the map features you want to see, limit how far you zoom out. (If you have a super computer, ignore this)

Have fun

If you like electrical / industrial, I highly recommend giving the furry scene a try.

For some reason every single furry out there except for me listens to that stuff... Or so it seems sometimes. ;)

Lots of furry clubs in SL, and most of them do that sort of music as their dominant form. Furries are pretty social too.

Start at Luskwood - for the chat community end of things, and ask about clubs there, as well as info on getting a furry look of your choosing ( slarf.org also does reviews of furry avatars ).

If you've got anti-furry bias, and like that kind of music, then I couldn't help you, but I'm sure someone round here can.

A club I've been to a few times you might like is Club Zero. The people seem freindly and the music has an industrial/electro vibe to it. Might come back and edit the name after I look to make sure its the right spelling lol.

eta- theres a link to the club in this thread http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Inworld-Employment/Club-Zero-OPEN-24-HRS-HIRING-ALL-POSITIONS/m-p/1138731#M2196

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome aboard, VampyBat!

You should take a look at the Destination Guide via the viewer's magnifying glass tab or by going here: http://search.secondlife.com/

The Destination Guide is just what its name is!  It is a fantastic tool that will narrow down your interests, and it will allow you to explore and make new friends!

To learn about making friends in Second Life, go here: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Friends_in_Second_Life

Hope this helps, and have fun!  :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4520 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.