How do i change my username?

Zero Dufour

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4539 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am not talking about Display name.

I want to change my display name because someone that knows my user name tends not to leave me alone and stalks me in any way possible and even creates new accounts to do this

Dont tell me it is not possible. Secondlife admin can sure change some simple letters.

I could not find anywhere about this, where can i contact secondlife about this?

6 answers to this question

Sorry but you cannot change your username. It is entirely related to your account. If you want a new name, you'll need to create a new account and transfer all your linden dollars and transferable items and LMs. LL will not make an exception for one resident, otherwise they would have to cope with thousands of requests such as yours.

• Like 1

Sorry, it's not possible to change your user name.  Even if you file a support ticket, Linden Lab will not change it for you.  The ONLY time they will change a user name is if you've chosen a broadly offensive one and people complain.

You have two options.

1.  Create a new account with a different user name...an "alt".  Transfer your money and your transferable items to the new avatar and start over.

2.  Mute (Block) the stalker.  If they show up as a different avatar, mute that one too.  Keep doing that until they give up and go away.  Do not respond in any other way to the stalker.  You can file an Abuse Report against them for harrassment, too.

You CAN change your Display Name, up to once per week.  Just edit your profile and click the "gear" icon.  But this will not hinder a stalker.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4539 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.